What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, June 30, 2008

eclipse

Title: eclipse

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Pages: 629

Genre: Fantasy, Romance

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Bella Swan is preparing for graduation and immortality with her lover, vampire Edward Cullen. This book follows her last few months as a mortal and her preparations for becoming a vampire herself. The Cullen's are forced to fight for Bella's life, protecting her from other vampires. To Edward's dismay, she still spends as much time as she can on the Indian reservation with her good friend Jacob and realizes that she is madly in love with him as well.

My Review: While I feel that these books border on ridiculousness, I quite enjoyed this one. It spends a little more time delving into the stories behind the vampires and werewolves - which I find quite interesting. As for Bella's love struggles - like I said, I think she's being ridiculous. Although this book only covers a time period of a couple of months, I felt that it moved along well and didn't drag too much. Aside from being a little on the long side, it was a good read.

From the Book: "(p. 206) I was slowly realizing that vampires were much bigger participants in this world than I'd once thought. How many times did the average human cross paths with them, completely unaware? How many deaths, obliviously reported as crimes and accidents, were really due to their thirst? How crowded would this new world be when I joined it?"

"(p. 527) He was too strong to recognize that my hands, trying to yank his hair out by the roots , meant to cause him pain. Instead of anger, he imagined passion. He thought I was finally responding to him."

No comments: