What I'm Reading Now:

Friday, July 25, 2008

Just One Look

Title: Just One Look

Author: Harlan Coben

Pages: 370

Genre: Thriller

Grade: A-

Synopsis: Grace Lawson leaves the local Photomat with her newly developed pictures. When she finally gets a chance to look at them, she finds a photograph that causes her life to unravel. When she shows the picture to her husband, he denies knowing anybody in the picture and then disappears later that same evening. Somebody is trying very hard to keep that photograph from ever surfacing while Grace is just trying to find her husband.

My Review: It's books like this one that made it impossible for me to read while I was in school. Action-packed thrillers such as this one are so hard for me to put down and I end up ignoring everything else going on in my life. Pretty much, I'm a sucker for the genre. This one had a plot that was all over the place, but the ending was more satisfying than most books of this type. It was engaging, interesting and always kept you guessing.

1 comment:

"All you need is love" said...

If you like this author, and you haven't read it, I really enjoyed "The Woods" by Coben. Very fun. (I might have already recommended it.)