What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Little Prince

Title: The Little Prince

Author: Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Pages: 180

Genre: Fable, Fiction

Grade: B+

Synopsis: The author tells a story about when his plane crashed in the Sahara Desert and he met a small man from another planet. The extraordinary little man shares the stories of his travels to other planets and eventually earth.

My Review: This is the first "long" book that I ever read. I remember really liking the story then, but what really stands out is that this was the first time that I was ever exposed to the word naive (but in the book, I was fascinated with the word because there are two dots over the i). I think that this is the type of book that allows every reader to draw something different from it. Each person's opinion and impressions will be unique. It's a quick read (around an hour), but quite enjoyable.

From the Book: "(p. 48) "I don't believe you! Flowers are weak creatures. They are naive (imagine two dots over the i). They reassure themselves as best they can. They believe that their thorns are terrible weapons...""

3 comments:

JTENMAN said...

Where do we give recommendations for your next reads? "A Train to Potevka" - I haven't read it yet, but I am going to as soon as I can get my hands on it.

tysqui said...

Aha, you're in luck. I actually reviewed A Train to Potevka a little while back. If I remember correctly, I found it to be quite an enjoyable read.

"All you need is love" said...

I did not like this book. I also read it when I was younger, then picked it up a couple of years ago. Not so much.