What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vi Agra Falls

Title: Vi Agra Falls

Author: Mary Daheim

Pages: 8 discs

Genre: A Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery

Grade: B-

Synopsis: Judith Flynn operates a bed-and-breakfast in the Seattle area and has just recently remarried her ex-husband, Joe, who is a retired detective. Things get complicated when Joe's annoying ex-wife moves in next-door with her newest trophy husband (probably about her seventh). She announces that she is going to build a big condominium building on the street and that same night, a man is found hanging from a tree in her backyard.

My Review: Apparently this is the 24th installment of this particular bed-and-breakfast mystery series. I'm a bit surprised it has made it that long to tell the truth. I found the characters annoying and the book (especially the conclusion to the mystery at the end) a bit disjointed. After this book and the previous book I listened to (Mine are Spectacular!) I'm beginning to rethink my strategy of more or less randomly choosing books to listen to (or at least only by the picture or title).

No comments: