What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lectures on Faith

Title: Lectures on Faith

Author: Joseph Smith, Jr., Sidney Rigdon

Pages: 4 discs

Genre: Religious

Grade: B

Synopsis: Joseph Smith, Jr. and Sidney Rigdon prepared seven "Lectures on Faith" that were included in the Doctrine and Covenants for many years before being removed. The lectures focus on the doctrine and theology of faith and how it applies to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

My Review: I found that many of the lectures were a little dry and that they often dwelt far too long on minor points. For example, the lifespans of the righteous men living between Adam and Noah in the Old Testament are gone over again and again to prove the point on the origin of faith here on the earth. There were a few lectures and quotes that I found simply fascinating, but there were fewer than I expected.

No comments: