What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, January 20, 2013

How to Win Friends and Influence People

Title: How to Win Friends and Influence People

Author: Dale Carnegie

Pages: 320

Genre: Self-help

Grade: B+

Synopsis: First written in 1936, Dale Carnegie's book is a collection of tips, tricks and anecdotes about being more likeable, being a leader and helping people that you interact with to feel needed and important.  Simple ideas, such as being a good listener and talking about your own mistakes prior to criticizing another person.

My Review: This is a book that I've been interested in reading for quite a few years, so I was happy when I found it at the DI or a garage sale (I don't recall exactly).  It's a book that I'd like to read every few years; at least the first half of the book, the second half wasn't quite as engaging.

No comments: