What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Great Gatsby


Title: The Great Gatsby

Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald

Pages: 180

Genre: Classic, Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Jay Gatsby is fabulously wealthy, owns a home on Long Island and hosts huge parties nearly every weekend in the summer.  Gatsby is trying to catch the eye of Daisy Buchanan, his love and obsession, but who is married to the rich and snobbish Tom Buchanan. Imagine Gatsby's luck when her cousin moves into a small bungalow next to his mansion.  He befriends her cousin, Nick Carraway, in an effort to lure Daisy back into his life.

My Review: Alison and I watched the new Gatsby movie which inspired me to re-read this classic, which I had last read in High School.  The movie followed the book fairly well and did a good job for me of visualizing the excesses of the Jazz Age and Roaring 20's here in the US.  The book is great, some classics are hard to identify with, I don't think that this is one of them.

No comments: