What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Divergent


Title: Divergent

Author: Veronica Roth

Pages: 487

Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult

Grade: B+

Synopsis: The novel takes place in a future Chicago, that has been transformed into a dystopian city where everybody lives in one of five factions.  When Beatrice Prior turns 16 she, along with all other 16-year-olds, must choose which faction in which to spend her life. The majority of youth choose to stay within their own faction as find a place within another faction is challenging, but Beatrice feels the pull of something greater.

My Review: This book is in a similar vein as The Hunger Games where teenagers are growing up in an imagined world that is both similar and different to our own.  I didn't find myself loving the book or the writing style, but I did enjoy the story and became attached Beatrice Prior.

No comments: