What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, February 23, 2019

No Applause ~ Just Throw Money


Title: No Applause ~ Just Throw Money

Author: Trav S.D.

Pages: 328

Genre: History, Non-Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: This book is a biography of vaudeville in the United States. For a period of about 30 years, vaudeville was the main source of entertainment here in the USA.  It's legacy lives on at halftime shows during major sporting events, America's Got Talent, traveling circuses and loads of shows in Vegas.

My Review: The book was definitely well-researched and well-written, I'm just not sure why I picked it up.  For people who love reading about how the old-time stars got their starts (i.e. the Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplain, Harry Houdini, Mae West, etc.), then you'll probably enjoy this book more than I did.

No comments: