What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Anna Karenina


Title: Anna Karenina

Author: Leo Tolstoy

Pages: 968

Genre: Fiction, Classic, Russian Classic

Grade: A+

Synopsis: Anna is a modern Russian woman married to Karenin, but unsatisfied in her marriage.  She has an affair with Count Vronsky and things begin to unravel.

My Review: I found this book to be absolutely fantastic. I especially enjoyed reading the book alongside with a summary and analysis that allowed me to better understand the intentions and symbolism behind the story. It's hard to believe that this book was first published way back in the 1870's as many of Tolstoy's astute observations regarding religion and politics still rang true today.

1 comment:

وليد العروي 2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.