What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Bad Beginning

Title: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book the First, The Bad Beginning

Author: Lemony Snicket

Pages: 162

Genre: Children's Fiction

Letter Grade: B

Synopsis: This is the sad story of the Baudelaire youngsters, Violet, Klaus and Sunny. Their parents die while they are at the beach and they are forced to live with a very distant relative, Count Olaf. He is not very nice and conjurs up a scheme to get his hands on the children's large inheritance.

Why I Chose This Book: I've heard these books were good, but I'm not entirely sure.

My Review: I had to keep reminding myself that this was a children's book. It was just okay for me. I am still undecided as to whether or not I will read the rest of the books (13 in total I believe). They may be fun to read with Ada when she is old enough to enjoy them.

No comments: