What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Da Vinci Code (Illustrated Edition)

Title: The Da Vinci Code (Illustrated Edition)

Author: Dan Brown

Pages: 467

Genre: Thriller

Grade: A- (I would give the non-illustrated edition a B+)

Synopsis: A Harvard symbologist (Robert Langdon) is in Paris, France when an albino monk murders the curator of the Louvre. Langdon is immediately a suspect and flees from the French Judicial Police with the grand-daughter (the cryptographer Sophie Neveu) of the murdered curator. They are sent on a wild goose chase in search of the Holy Grail and information about Neveu’s family. They are chased by the police and another group of people who are desperate to get their hands on the grail.

Why I Chose This Book: I used a gift card to purchase the illustrated edition of the Da Vinci Code a few years ago. I have never actually read it (Alison has) and I was in the mood for an easy, exciting read.

My Review:
I’ve read this book before and I enjoyed it once again. It was especially enjoyable to read the illustrated edition. Instead of trying to imagine the architecture, paintings and sculptures that are described in the book, full-color photographs make it much easier to envision. While the book does make some far-fetched claims about Christianity I feel that it is up to every reader to decide what they believe and what they feel is fiction. It is especially enjoyable because it is a work of fiction that makes you think.

What is Dan Brown Writing Next? See this story from ksl.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.