What I'm Reading Now:

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(No Spoilers!)

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Author: J. K. Rowling

Pages: 759

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: A

Synopsis: This is the seventh (and final) installment of the Harry Potter series. In this book, Harry, Ron and Hermoine go on a quest to destroy the horcuxes and eventually defeat You-Know-Who.

My Review: First off, let me direct you to Ben and Jenn's review of this book. I really enjoyed this book. I've liked all of the Harry Potter books and this one was no exception. I simply couldn't put it down. In my opinion, it is definitely the climax of the series. Because the story is more of a "quest" than just a year at Hogwarts, I think that I enjoyed reading it more (not that I don't like the other books). The ending is very satisfying with all loose ends tied up. Not enough authors completely finish their stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler!

Amy (shreeve) sent me your blog page a couple weeks ago- it's nice to see what you and yours are up to. Your little girl is gorgeous! I especially liked finding your booklist and I have a suggestion for you. Read "The Know It All" by A.J. Jacobs- it's right up your alley in that you used to read the dictionary for entertainment. I really enjoyed it- especially since it's the kind of book you can easily put down and pick up as needed (which I need as a mom).

Anyway, check out my blog (though I don't update it as often as I intend to) at treverandheather.blogspot.com for my commentary about Harry Potter.

-Heather Gibby Ward

tysqui said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I will immediately add it to my list of books to read!

Taylor said...

The last Harry Potter book was a big let-down. I guess I kept hoping it wouldn't be a kids' book, but it the end it was.

I think I only like books where the good guys are allowed to kill people too. They don't have to knock off every last bad dude in sight, but it's an option that has to be on the table.

I mean, if the population of the good guys constantly decreases and the bad guy population doesn't, it seems pretty clear to me which side is going to win.

And...Didn't Harry learn any new spells during his time at Hogwarts? Expelliarmus!?! Please!

T the Wet Blanket