What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eldest

Title: Eldest

Author: Christopher Paolini

Pages: 681

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: A

Synopsis: Eragon doesn't have much time to celebrate the Varden's victory over the Urgals before he must leave to continue his training as a Rider with the Elves in Du Weldenvarden. The Varden are planning to move all of their people to Surda in order to prepare to meet Galbatorix's army in battle. At the same time, the Ra'zac have returned to his hometown of Carvahall to try and take his cousin Roran in order to get more information about Eragon. Eragon must train well enough and hard enough to lead the Varden in battle.

My Review: I last read this book in July of '06, and reread it in order to refresh my mind for the newest book of the series. I think that I liked this book better than the first. I enjoy the multiple storylines and twists of the plot. Much like New Moon (the second book of the twilight series), this book explains a lot of the history of the species of the book.

No comments: