What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Twenty-One Balloons

Title: The Twenty-One Balloons

Author: William Pene du Bois

Pages: 180

Genre: Children's Fiction, Newbery Award

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Professor William Waterman Sherman turns up in the Atlantic Ocean 21 days after leaving San Francisco in a hot air balloon. He had planned on spending a relaxing year floating over the Pacific Ocean, removed from civilization and enjoying the solitude. Instead, the world clamored to hear how he had traveled across the globe in such a short time. He refused to divulge the secrets of his journeys to anybody but the Western American Explorer's Club in San Francisco.

My Review: I loved this book when I was younger and I enjoyed reading it again. It is easy to read and enjoy and definitely a children's book. Much of the book is hardly believable, but it is the type of story that is easy to daydream along to.

No comments: