What I'm Reading Now:

Friday, July 30, 2010

Crazy for the Storm

Title: Crazy for the Storm

Author: Norman Ollestad

Pages: 6 discs

Genre: Memoir

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Norman Ollestad is 11-years old when he is in a plane crash high in California's San Gabriel mountains. His father and the pilot are killed immediately and Norman has to make it down the mountain on his own. The story of the plane crash is intertwined with a memoir of memories of young Norman skiing in races on difficult terrain and surfing throughout Southern California and Mexico. The pressure Norman's father puts on him to perform at these sports ultimately helps Norman save his own life when the plan crashes.

My Review: I listened to this book being read by the author and found the story to be quite enjoyable and amazing. When this book was recommended to me, it was recommended as one of the best books on parenting. While I don't concur with that opinion, I did find myself contemplating my own parenting style and the type of father that I would like to be.

Disclaimer: The language in the book is vulgar at times.

No comments: