What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blink


Title: Blink

Author: Malcolm Gladwell

Pages: 288

Genre: Non-fiction

Grade: B+

Synopsis: This book analyzes the psychology of first impressions and the snap-judgment (or think-slicing). In many cases, the judgments made by somebody in the first second or two of exposure go against everything that the experts say but are nonetheless often correct.

My Review: I found this book to be very interesting and thought-provoking. I enjoyed how the material was presented with stories and examples backed up with research and studies. I do think that the information in this type of book needs to be taken with a grain of salt because there are two sides to every story and research can often be found to support contradicting claims. That being said, there are ways that we can prepare ourselves to make better snap-judgments.

No comments: