What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Star Curiously Singing

Title: A Star Curiously Singing

Author: Kerry Nietz

Pages: 301

Genre: Science Fiction

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Sandfly is a level-12 debugger. He has a chip implanted in his head that allows him to obtain virtually any piece of information very easily. Each debugger is owned and controlled by a master that can cause the chip in his head to painfully reprimand the debugger when not explicitly following directions. Sandfly is sent up into earth's orbit to repair a robot that has torn itself apart after a journey into deep space. Sandfly begins uncovering a mystery that the new world leaders have been hiding for generations.

My Review: For those of you that are members of goodreads.com, did you know that they have tons of giveaways of books all the time? This particular giveaway was hosted by the author, Kerry Nietz, and out of more than 700 people, I was selected to win a pre-release signed copy. I'm not usually a fan of this type of science fiction, but as I got deeper and deeper into the story I started to enjoy it more. The first 50 pages or so were a blur to me as I was trying to piece together the science fictional world where the story takes place. By the end of the story I was engrossed and I plan on reading the sequels that will follow in this series.

PS - Thanks to Kerry Nietz for sharing his book!

1 comment:

Kerry Nietz said...

You're more than welcome, Tyler. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for posting your review.

And I'm with you on the love for goodreads. I think it is an awesome site both for readers and writers. It gives a relatively unknown writer like myself ways to connect with readers that were virtually inaccessible before. Everyone should join up and check it out!

Thanks again!
Kerry