What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Bible Salesman

Title: The Bible Salesman

Author: Clyde Edgerton

Pages: 5 discs

Genre: Fiction

Grade: C

Synopsis: Henry Dampier is a 20-year-old naive Bible salesman traveling around the south when he is picked up by Mr. Clearwater, who claims to work for the FBI in the post-WWII era. His is allegedly infiltrating a car theft ring and using Henry to help him transport the stolen cars.

My Review: This book is a folksy story where everyone came across as a little dim-witted. As one review from Goodreads reads: "A dim religious doofus is conned by a murderous car thief in the South of the early fifties. Brief but pointless. The backstory parts as especially inessential, but really, there's just nothing on offer here." I'm not sure that I could put it any better myself.

No comments: