What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Lovely Bones

Title: The Lovely Bones

Author: Alice Sebold

Pages: 11 discs?

Genre: Fiction

Grade: B-

Synopsis: Susie Salmon is the victim of a brutal murder in 1973 when she is a young teenager. The story continues to follow Susie as she continues to exist in her heaven. She watches down on her family and her killer from heaven and tempers her desire for vengeance against her killer with her desire for her family to heal from the tragedy.

My Review: I know that this book generally gets pretty good reviews but it never clicked with me. I always hoped that there was something exciting on the next page (or cd in my case), but the story just seemed to slowly trudge on. I won't say that the story was predictable, but it certainly wasn't unpredictable (does that even make sense?) which left me a little underwhelmed.

No comments: