What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Don't Throw Rocks at His Window

Title: Don't Throw Rocks at His Window: Real Advice to Mend a Broken Heart

Author: Julie C. Donaldson

Pages: 97

Genre: Young Adult, Religion

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Broken hearts are a crucial part of growing up. This book is chock-full of advice and stories to help teenagers deal with their broken hearts and to rely on the Savior for support and strength.

My Review: Full disclosure - This book was written by a friend in our ward and the cover design was done by a neighbor from when I was growing up. Obviously I'm not in the target audience for the book, but I found that I quite enjoyed the book. The personal experiences were relevant and funny and the advice (if followed) would certainly help mend a newly dumped (or broken-up) ex-girlfriend's heart. If I ever find myself having to comfort a young lady in this circumstance, this book would make a great gift.

3 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Yes, page 49 is about you. Wow, that's embarrassing...

tysqui said...

What!? I'm itching to get home to re-read p. 49. I never would have known if you hadn't of fessed up. I better not have done anything cruel - but I don't recall you throwing any rocks at my window either... :)

Trever and Heather said...

Great. Now it's even more hilarious! I actually wrote three of the "true stories", I started with only two and then we needed one for that section and I'd already told the story in our creative meeting, so they made me write it up. I should note that all three of the stories were edited by our editor to make them sound more "heart-rending". My others are on pages 31 and 19.

I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut. Oh well! Hope I didn't embarrass you too much!