What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

Title: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know

Author: Meg Meeker, M.D.

Pages: 288

Genre: Non-fiction

Grade: A-

Synopsis: Drawing upon decades of experience counseling girls, Dr. Meeker makes the case that the most important individual in a girl's life is her father, for better or worse. The book is well-structured and discusses why fathers need to be heroes, strong communicators and examples that their daughters can follow.

My Review: There were a lot of things that I really liked about this book and a few things that I didn't. This is the type of book where the real benefit is in taking the advice that is applicable to your situation and doing your best to apply it in your life. This book has earned a unique spot on my shelves as I would like to re-read it every five years or so in order to glean what is important for me and my girls during each stage of life. I enjoyed the applicability of this book as I have two daughters (turning 5 and 3 in July) and one on the way!

1 comment:

Meg Meeker said...

Hi Tyler,
Do you have an email address? I'd like to get in touch.

Regards,
Meg Meeker