What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, September 26, 2011

Trouble in High Heels

Title: Trouble in High Heels

Author: Christina Dodd

Pages: 7 discs?

Genre: Romance

Grade: B

Synopsis:  Brandi Michaels is a young, sexy lawyer who just graduated from law school and is starting her first job at a big-name Chicago law firm.  Just a couple of days after arriving in Chicago, she finds our that her fiance has snuck off to Las Vegas to marry his pregnant girlfriend.  Brandi pawns her engagement ring and goes to a party to find somebody to help her forget about her ex-fiance.  She finds the gorgeous Italian Count Roberto Bartolini and spends the weekend in his arms...  When she arrives to her new law firm on Monday morning, she finds out that her first client is Count Bartolini who has been accused as an international jewel thief.  To make matters worse (or steamier if you prefer), the alleged jewel thief is remanded into her custody 24/7. 

My Review:  This is one of those books that I stumble across at the library when I can't find anything else to read so I close my eyes and just grab something.  The first part of the book was a little cheesy and superficial, but I found myself enjoying the latter half of the book as the plot thickened and I actually enjoyed it more than expected.

Disclaimer:  There was some language and love-making and not something I'd recommend to my kids, but everything came across as quite tasteful

No comments: