What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Green Hills of Africa

Title: Green Hills of Africa

Author: Ernest Hemingway

Pages: 208

Genre: Non-Fiction, Travel

Grade: B

Synopsis: This is the non-fiction account of Ernest Hemingway's two-month hunting safari for big-game animals in East Africa, in the shadows of Mount Kilimanjaro.  He and his companions are hunting rhinoceros as well as other animals in the deer and antelope families (such as kudu).  This book documents their hunting excursions and interactions with the natives.

My Review:  I imagine that this book was a hit back in the 1930s when it was released. Now, with rhinos and some of the other animals very endangered I found the stories a little depressing.  I guess that you could say that hunting is not in my blood.  Generally the book was interesting and kept my attention, but there were parts that were a little dry.

No comments: