What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Edenbrooke

Title: Edenbrooke

Author: Julianne Donaldson

Pages: 264 pages

Genre: Romance

Grade: A-

Synopsis: Marianne Daventry is thrilled to receive an unexpected invitation to join her sister for a visit to the sprawling estate of Edenbrooke in the British countryside. Her sister has the hots for the rich heir of the estate and Marianne expects to help her woo the object of her desires.  As Marianne's carriage travels to Edenbrooke the carriage is attacked and robbed, which dramatically changes the course of her visit.

My Review: This book took me completely by surprise.  I had heard good things about it, so I expected the book to be good, but I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed the story and found myself laughing while I read.  The author is a neighbor of ours so we were excited to have her sign our book at the City Creek Deseret Book.  I believe that her intent was to pen a proper romance in the Victorian era and she certainly delivered.

No comments: