What I'm Reading Now:

Friday, November 23, 2012

Panic

Title: Panic

Author: Jeff Abbott

Pages: 368 pages

Genre: Thriller

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Evan Casher is trying to find his niche as a documentary filmmaker in Houston, Texas when he gets an urgent phone call from his mother in Austin.  Evan speeds to her help where he finds her murdered in her kitchen with the assailants waiting to knock Evan off as well.  After he escapes the initial attack, he starts to unravel details of his and his parent's lives and realizes that his whole life was an elaborate ruse.

My Review: Every once in a while it is fun to pick up a well-written thriller that is hard to put down and takes unexpected turns around every corner.  I try to limit my intake for these types of books, but when I'm reading them I find myself really enjoying them.  This book was no exception, The CIA, KGB and an underground spy network called the Deeps are all featured as Evan Casher attempts to untangle his life story.

Disclaimer: If you're looking for violence and language, they're all here.

No comments: