What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Title: The Amber Spyglass - His Dark Materials - Book III

Author: Philip Pullman

Pages: 465

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: A-

Synopsis: This is the third and final book in the His Dark Materials series.  Lyra and Will are continuing on their journey to the land of the dead, where no living soul has ever ventured.  Dr. Mary Malone is in another world with creatures that rely on the trees near their villages, but they have been dying for the last 300 years or so.  Finally, Lord Asriel continues to fight against the Almighty with his armies from many worlds, including battalions of angels.

My Review: Once again I really enjoyed the book.  The story with Will and Lyra is very easy to follow.  I wish that I was better able to understand the allegory and symbolism in the book and I am certain that I failed to understand the adult level themes in the book, so I would like to read them again in the future with a more open mind. 

No comments: