What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Title: Hot Lights, Cold Steel

Author: D.P. Lyle

Pages: 325

Genre: Thriller

Grade: B

Synopsis: This books is a fast-paced and captivating thriller about the forensic criminologist Dub Walker. An old friend enlists his help in finding her missing 19-year-old daughter.  When her daughter's body and other bodies begin turning up in shallow graves, Dub Walker begins investigating the causes of their deaths.  Each of the deceased had gone through numerous highly technical surgeries prior to death, but the surgeries themselves were never the cause of death.

My Review: I have had the book "Hot Lights, Cold Steel" on my to-read list for years, so I was excited when I found this brand-new copy at the local library.  I enjoyed the book, but I couldn't figure out why it was on my to-read list.  It turns out, there are two books with the same title and I had picked up the wrong book.  It turned out to not be a big deal as I enjoyed the unexpected thriller of this book.  It was a little gruesome, but an easy read.

No comments: