What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mr. Vertigo

Title: Mr. Vertigo

Author: Paul Auster

Pages: 320

Genre: Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Young Walter is a street boy living in St. Louis in the early part of the 20th century when he is approached by Master Yehudi, a Jew of Hungarian descent who promises the boy that he will teach him to fly. The boy agrees to be taught by Master Yehudi and is taken to the master's farm in Kansas where he will eventually learn how to control his mind and body in order to levitate.

My Review: This was a really interesting book.  It read more like a historical non-fiction book than anything fictional.  In fact, when I finished the book, in my mind I had serious doubts that the story wasn't true.  That to me is a sign of a well-written book of this style.

No comments: