What I'm Reading Now:

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Abandon


Title: Abandon

Author: Meg Cabot

Pages: 8 discs

Genre: Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Pierce is involved in an accident that caused her death and sent her to the underworld.  While there, she met the caretaker of that portion of the underworld but was able to sneak away and return to her body.  When she moved to a new place and started attending a new school, she thought she had been able to escape the caretaker.  When he started showing up more often, Pierce knew she wouldn't be able to get away from him.  The entire trilogy is a re-imagining of the Persephone myth.

My Review: This was an interesting book. Every once in a while I enjoy picking up a book that I know nothing about (and it's often one that I never would have selected had I known more about it...).  This book straddled the line between normalcy and the supernatural, but presented it in a way that almost made it believable.  This is the first book of a trilogy, at this point I would read the other books in the trilogy as well.

No comments: