What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Don't Know Much About History


Title: Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About American History but Never Learned

Author: Kenneth C. Davis

Pages: 20 discs?

Genre: Non-Fiction, History

Grade: B

Synopsis: Yes, this is a history book. It essentially covers US history from Christopher Columbus and the modern discovery of America up to the first few years of Obama's Presidency. Originally published during Bush I's presidency, it was updated a couple of years ago to include the Clinton years, 9/11 and the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars.

My Review: For me, this was more of a refresher course on American history as I'm fairly familiar with our nation's storied past.  However, just as the author claims, this book was written in a much more easy to digest and enjoy fashion than your typically history book.  There were times where the writing style grated against me a bit, but there were plenty of other portions of the book that I thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments: