What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, December 28, 2015

Never Let Me Go


Title: Never Let Me Go

Author: Kazuo Ishiguro

Pages: 288

Genre: Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Kathy grew up attending Hailsham, an exclusive boarding school in England.  All while growing up Kathy and her friends were reminded about how special they were, but it took years before any of the students understood why the teachers thought them so special.  In her adult years, Kathy is a caretaker and the book flashes back often to her time growing up with her friends at Hailsham during their formative years.

My Review: Once again, this was a book that took me a while to get into and I had a hard time following the plot for the first few chapters.  Looking at others reviews of this book, it appears that most people either love the book or hate it, I fall squarely in the middle.  I didn't love it, I didn't hate it and I enjoyed reading it and thinking about the ethical issues that are brought up in the book.

No comments: