What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Burglar's Guide to the City


Title: A Burglar's Guide to the City

Author: Geoff Manaugh

Pages: 296

Genre: Non-fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Geoff Manaugh explores how building design and architecture as well as city planning and design is exploited by criminals in their thievery and other malfeasance. The premise is that criminals and other fugitives see things differently than most people on the street.  Where a regular guy may see an impenetrable bank vault, the thief is considering ways to tunnel into the vault from the sewer tunnels below, or he (or she...) may know where they can be spotted by police helicopters or patrols.

My Review: This was an enjoyable side read.  It wasn't a book on my list, but when I passed by this copy on display in the library it caught my eye and it was pretty interesting.  With my background in working with architects on building design, I found this book to be related to the decisions that architect's are making everyday in trying to design a building that is safe and useful.

No comments: