What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

Title: The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

Author: J.R.R. Tolkien

Pages: 18 discs

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Bilbo Baggins is preparing to celebrate his eleventy-first birthday in the Shire. All of the Hobbits are excited for the eccentric Hobbit's birthday celebration. At the end of the party, Bilbo mysteriously disappears by putting on a ring that he found in his journeys long before. He gives the ring to his heir Frodo Baggins and the wizard Gandalf tells Frodo that the ring is the ring of power that was created long ago by Sauron for evil purposes. Frodo and three other Hobbits end up traveling to Rivendell to council with the elves and on the way they are pursued by the evil black riders. In Rivendell a fellowship of an elf, two men, a wizard, a dwarf, and the four Hobbits head out on a journey to destroy the ring.

My Review: I've read these books once before and I thought that the time was ripe to read them again (this time by listening to them...). I really like the series and I've especially enjoyed listening to them because the reader has actually been singing all of the songs and poems that can be so long and boring when reading the book. The depth of the world that Tolkien has created amazes me.

No comments: