What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Legend of Colton H. Bryant

Title: The Legend of Colton H. Bryant

Author: Alexandra Fuller

Pages: 5 discs

Genre: Non-Fiction Biographical Novel

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Colton H. Bryant is a Wyoming cowboy, born and raised in Evanston, Wyoming.  He struggled through his school years and was often made fun of while growing up.  His favorite mantra then became "'mind over matter,'  if I don't mind, then it don't matter."  Colton seemed to know that he would die young, so he lived life to its very fullest, traveling the rodeo circuit with a friend, hunting jackrabbits or other animals every chance he could and camping with his horse and friends.  He knew that one day he would work on the oil rigs, just as his father and grandfather had.

My Review:  What really sets this book apart, is that this is a sort of biographical novel about a regular guy with a big heart. It hit close to home, because I'm quite familiar with Evanston and Wyoming and there are a lot of LDS undertones throughout the book.  While the book wasn't a thriller I found that I simply enjoyed the story and I would look forward to the next time that I'd be able to listen to the book. 

No comments: