What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, October 7, 2013

Delusion

Title: Delusion

Author: Peter Abrahams

Pages: 297

Genre: Thriller, Mystery

Grade: B

Synopsis: Nell Jarreau witnessed the murder of her boyfriend and was able to finger the killer from a police lineup and he was sent to spend his life in prison.  After twenty years, additional evidence surfaces that exonerates the convicted killer Alvin DuPree.  Nell can hardly live with the guilt of sending an innocent man to prison and her sweet, caring husband is no help as he was the detective in the original case and has no desire to unearth the past.

My Review: The story was based on an interesting premise and the storyline jumped between Nell Jarreau and the falsely convicted felon Alvin DuPree which kept things interesting as the story unfolded.  I had no big complaints about the book.  The story wasn't predictable and there weren't too many unexpected twists and turns.  I would pick up another book by Abrahams in the future. (Edit: As I was typing in the labels for this post I realized this is the second book by Abrahams that I have read.)

No comments: