What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Microtrends

Title: microtrends - the small forces behind tomorrow's big changes

Author: Mark J. Penn with Kinney Zalesne

Pages: 480

Genre: Non-fiction

Grade: A-

Synopsis: The basic premise of this book is that small trends can spark a social movement, create a new market for a business or effect political changes.  By keeping a close eye on the smaller trends that previously have gone unnoticed or ignored, you can better cater to a targeted audience.  Mark Penn helped Bill Clinton win re-election by having him focus on the "soccer moms" to effect political change.  Some of the microtrends that he discusses range from gay marriage to young knitters.

My Review: I really enjoyed this book and found it to be very interesting.  I love picking up a book where I feel like I'm learning something new on every page.  If you ever wanted to start a business or get ideas to expand a current business, then this book could by very helpful.  I think that microtrends will continue to play a part in the future.

No comments: