What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Great Train Robbery


Title: The Great Train Robbery

Author: Michael Chrichton

Pages: 329

Genre: Historical Fiction

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Edward Pierce fits in well in high-society in Victorian England, while also being able to navigate the slums of poverty.  Pierce has a grand scheme to rob the train that is carrying the gold from the bank to pay for England's involvement in the Crimean War.  Over the course of many months he concocts a complicated scheme to get his hands on the money.

My Review: I'm not sure where I picked this book up, but it was the perfect book to read on a vacation (I did my reading in Jamaica).  It was fast-paced and easy to follow.  The details of the story have been filled in by Crichton, but the overall story is true and based on lots of testimonies from a court trial.

No comments: