What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hot Lights, Cold Steel


Title: Hot Lights, Cold Steel: Life, Death and Sleepless Nights in a Surgeon's First Years

Author: Michael J. Collins, M.D.

Pages: 320

Genre: Memoir

Grade: B+

Synopsis: The book chronicles the four years of Collins' surgical residency at the Mayo Clinic during his training to become an orthopedic surgeon. Collins' honest style details their struggles with money, car troubles, time together as a couple, long hours at the hospital, moonlighting in a rural emergency room and having to make life-or-death decisions.

My Review:  Well, this was my second time reading Hot Lights Cold Steel, however, this is only my first time reading the correct book with the title from my list of books to read. I really enjoyed this memoir.  It was a great look into the life of resident at the Mayo Clinic.  Life as a resident can be pretty rough, but at the same time, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: