What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, October 29, 2017

the perks of being a wallflower


Title: the perks of being a wallflower

Author: stephen chbosky

Pages: 213

Genre: Young Adult, Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: Charlie is a sensitive 15-year-old boy who is writing letters about his life to an anonymous recipient who he chose because he thought this person would not be judgmental towards him. During the course of the book, Charlie deals with suicide, abuse, drugs, sex and mental illness.  He is an introvert who is trying to find his place.

My Review: Honestly, I didn't remember a whole lot about this book (it's been a few months since I read it), so it's not one that left a significant impression on me.  I had to re-read a few plot summaries in order to jog my memory.  The book was alright, but I remember thinking that it was a little to contrived for my liking.

No comments: