What I'm Reading Now:

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Hound of the Baskervilles

Title: The Hound of the Baskervilles

Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Pages: 5 discs

Genre: Mystery

Grade: A-

Synopsis: Sherlock Holmes is requested to investigate the legend of the hound of the Baskervilles. Many local folk believe that a large black hound roams the moor searching for victims. Holmes' quest is to determine whether or not the legend is true or if what appears to be supernatural can be explained by reason.

My Review: I was pleasantly surprised by how well I like this book. Honestly, most books from this time period (and earlier) don't hold my interest like this one did. The story was engaging and easy to understand and follow. Without Sherlock's help I'm afraid that neither Watson nor I would have been able to figure the mystery out.

No comments: