What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Bad Beginning

Title: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning - Book the First

Author: Lemony Snicket

Pages: 3 discs

Genre: Children's Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: The Baudelaire children, Violet, Klaus and Sunny, are orphaned after their parents die in a house fire (that also destroys all of their belongings). They first must go to live with Mr. Poe and his family as he sorts out their situation as the executor of their will. He then sends the children to live with their long lost relative Count Olaf, who the children have never met. The children uncover a plot of Count Olaf's to obtain the Baudelaire fortune - which has been set aside in a trust until Violet turns 18. The children must figure out a way to stop him.

My Review: Oddly enough, I read and reviewed this book not too long ago and didn't really like it. I think that I liked the book a little more this time, but only after I realized that there would be very few good things that happened in the book - which makes it a bit depressing. Regardless, it is a clever little story and was an enjoyable listen.

No comments: