What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Reptile Room

Title: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room - Book the Second

Author: Lemony Snicket

Pages: 3 discs

Genre: Children's Fiction

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire have been sent to live with a far-removed uncle, Dr. Montgomery Montgomery, who is a world-renowned herpetologist. The kids immediately grow fond of "Monty" as they prepare for an expedition to Peru to trap snakes. Monty's original assistant disappears and he is forced to hire a new one, Stefano. The orphans immediately realize that Stefano is actually Count Olaf in a crude disguise (who they lived with and were tormented by in the first book). He is still out to get their fortune.

My Review: I liked this book quite a bit more than the first. In fact, there were a few times that I was listening to the book that I laughed out loud. As a sidenote, I highly recommend listening to the book. The reader, Tim Curry, is fantastic and really makes the story come alive. As usual, the book is a bit depressing but, very clever all the same.

No comments: