What I'm Reading Now:

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Looking Glass Wars

Title: The Looking Glass Wars

Author: Frank Beddor

Pages: 9 discs?

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: B+

Synopsis: Alyss Hart is a princess in wonderland.  After her aunt Redd attacks the queen and Alyss in the castle, Alyss finds herself in the world that we live in where she relays her tales to Lewis Carroll who publishes them in a book, "Alice in Wonderland."  The Mad Hatter (who is actually an innovative bodyguard) is searching high and low for Princess Alyss in our world, to help her return and fight for Wonderland.

My Review:  I struggled with the first couple discs of this book, because I had no idea what was going on.  Once I got my mind wrapped around the story, I started to really enjoy it.  The story is very clever and a believable twist on the original Alice in Wonderland tales. Apparently this book is the first in a trilogy that has since been completed.

No comments: