What I'm Reading Now:

Monday, December 19, 2011

Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Title: Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Author: Thomas Hardy

Pages: 14 discs?

Genre: Classic, Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: This is the tragic story of Tess Durbeyfield, a young girl who was the virtuous victim of the rigid Victorian moral code from the time.  Once Tess' family finds out that they are of a noble lineage, Tess Durbeyfield is sent to make a plea for help to a wealthy family in the area with the ancestral name of D'Urberville. 

My Review:  It took me a bit of time to get into this book and understand what was going on.  I found myself checking SparkNotes to read a synopsis of the early chapters.  Oddly enough, once I understood what was happening, I found that I enjoyed this book more than I had expected to.  I found that the book helped me to examine my personal relationships and how I judge people. 

No comments: