What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Aviator's Wife


Title: The Aviator's Wife

Author: Melanie Benjamin

Pages: 13 discs

Genre: Historical Fiction

Grade: B

Synopsis: This book is the story of Anne Morrow Lindbergh, the wife of the modern hero-explorer Charles Lindbergh and mother of the famously kidnapped Charles Jr. Everybody is familiar with Charles' accomplishments, but not as many people know Anne's story and she was a brave, strong woman in her own right.

My Review: Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres.  I actually really liked this book, but the writing style and dialogue was too awkward and all of the dialogue and interaction with their children just felt strange to me. My one other gripe was that the book could have been about 2/3 as long as it was.

No comments: