What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Continuous Atonement


Title: The Continuous Atonement

Author: Brad Wilcox

Pages: 195

Genre: Religion, LDS

Grade: B+

Synopsis: The atonement of Jesus Christ is one of the central tenets of Christendom, but one of the least understood (and I do not claim to really have an understanding, but I'm working on it).  The more that we can figure out how to rely on Christ and apply the principles of the atonement to our lives, then we will quickly realize that we can always rely on the atonement to make the difference.

My Review:  I enjoyed this book. It's more simple and easier to grasp and understand than some of the other books about the atonement that I've read recently.

From the Book: "(Pg. 107) One speaker in Church directs, "You can't do everything. Don't run faster than you have strength". The next says, "Push yourself. You can always do more." One person advises, "Don't worry about what you can't do" at the same time someone else says, "You can do anything you put your mind to." In one hymn we sing, "I need thee every hour," and in another we sing, "We will work out our salvation". In this world of mixed messages, I never can seem to escape the nagging though, "If only I were better organized or if only I tried harder." Satan tempted Christ with the word if. He often comes to me with the words if only."

No comments: