What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blackmoore


Title: Blackmoore

Author: Julianne Donaldson

Pages: 320

Genre: Romance

Grade: A-

Synopsis: Kate Worthington has told her closest friends for years that she will never marry. Her best friend Henry Delafield is a very eligible bachelor, but he has his sights set on somebody else, of whom his mother approves.  Kate's mother is pushing her to accept a marriage proposal that she has helped to obtain, but Kate consistently refuses.  When Kate asks her mother if she can visit Blackmoore, a large estate on the edge of the moors, they strike a deal where Kate must obtain and reject three marriage proposals from the  men at Blackmoore or else she will be bound to follow her mother's wishes.

My Review: I really enjoyed this book.  I found myself sitting in my car a little longer when I arrived at my destination and looking forward to my drives in the anticipation of the book.  There were parts that were funny, sad and frustrating and I enjoyed the picture the book painted in my mind.

No comments: