What I'm Reading Now:

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Getting Things Done


Title: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity

Author: David Allen

Pages: 6 discs?

Genre: Self-help

Grade: C+

Synopsis: This book is a productivity manual, with instructions and ideas of ways to help increase your productivity.  Setting goals, email strategies, prioritizing are all topics that are addressed.

My Review: I've heard so much about this book over the years (it was published in 2002), that I was excited to read this book.  However, it didn't really sit well with me for a few reasons: I didn't feel like many of the ideas would work or be beneficial in my situation, The book is outdated. The email organization strategies were great circa 2002, but a lot has changed since then. The author actually read the audiobook version that I listened to and I felt that he often came across as condescending. I'm not sure if it was because of his tone, or the tone of the book, or if I'm just too hard-headed to put my heart into his suggestions.  Either way, I was disappointed with this one.

No comments: