What I'm Reading Now:

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Girl Who Played With Fire


Title: The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium #2)

Author: Stieg Larsson

Pages: 630

Genre: Thriller

Grade: A

Synopsis: Mikael Blomkvist, the publisher of the Swedish magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story about sex trafficking in Sweden and through the Baltics which will expose a number of high-profile individuals involved. Just before the story and an accompanying book are to be published the two reporters writing the stories are murdered in their apartment. The murder weapon is found in the building with Lisbeth Salander's fingerprints on it, who is Blomkvist's genius hacker friend. Blomkvist embarks on a journey to try and prove Salander's innocence.

My Review: I really enjoyed this book. It was certainly one that I couldn't put down or get out of my mind while I was reading it. Larsson's books are typically more complicated and deeper than many other books in this same genre, which I find to be quite satisfying.

Disclaimer: There is a lot of hard language and violence in this book. Not really and sex, but it is referred to often.

No comments: